Conservation Officer On Reserve (Level8), Anysberg Nature Reserve
KPA 1- Leadership and management to enhance biodiversity resilience through targeted ecosystem conservation and restoration initiatives.
- Targeted conservation and restoration initiatives and interventions informed by knowledge and management best practice (ICM; IWP and IAPO) are implemented
- Protected Areas are managed by an approved PAMP and prioritised action plans
- Priority landscapes and seascapes are protected, restored and conserved
- Conservation operations are optimised through planned METT interventions
- Priority ecological infrastructure and strategic water source areas are restored and protected.
KPA 2 - Leadership and management to lead landscape conservation and stewardship in ways that address biodiversity loss.
- Protected area expansion planning priorities informed by the WPAES and BSP and associated conservation intelligence are implemented
- Actions to improve the conservation status of priority species and ecosystems are implemented
- Functional partnerships addressing biodiversity loss are developed and maintained
- Biodiversity legal mandate is implemented through compliance and enforcement actions
- Landscape ecological and human well-being is promoted through a landscape environmental interpretation and awareness plan
KPA 3- Leadership and management to promote the biodiversity economy, and enhance biodiversity access and sustainable use.
- Job opportunities are created through implementation of the NRM programme
- Contractor development and work opportunities are enhanced through environmental programmes implemented (ICM)
- Biodiversity economy activities are implemented in identified nodes
- Livelihood support is established for local communities
- Sustainable harvesting of natural products for traditional purposes is facilitated
KPA 4 - Leadership and management to advocate for behavioural change and promote voluntary compliance.
- Local community involvement in Protected Area management is established
- Stakeholder engagement is enhanced through targeted interventions
- Compliance with biodiversity legislation is promoted
- Biodiversity permits are issued within legislated time frames
- Compliance plans for all On and Off Reserve components are in place
KPA 5 - Assume overall accountability for ensuring performance, governance and risk management.
- An enabling environment is created for formal partnerships to mitigate risks to biodiversity
- Management structures are in place and infrastructure is fit for purpose
- All relevant Occupational Health & Safety legislation, policies and standards are in place and adhered to.
- Landscape governance is enhanced by adherence to corporate policies and standards
- Landscape performance is enhanced through effective and efficient staff performance.